The 2019 FitLo Empower Awards Finalists:
What are the FitLo Empower Awards?
This is special community feature designed to acknowledge people in the Denver fitness community who empower and inspire.
2019 Theme: ‘Men Who Empower Women’
Women supporting women is not only important, it’s one of the greatest movements of our time. Also important – the men who support strong, empowered women. This award is not just about men supporting women. This award and community feature is about celebrating gender equality and how we support, inspire and empower each other.
About the Finalists and Nominees
Interview with Chris Lindley:
Interview with Bird:
READ THE FITLO BLOG FEATURING:
- Each Finalist, their interviews, and their donation-based workouts
- All the Nominees and their studios
(PRO TIP: Read the blog to check out the finalists’ and nominees’ studios. Take their classes. Prepare to be inspired!)
How were the Finalists Selected?
- Open Nominations Submitted: Feb 1 -17
- Votes Were Casted: Feb 22- March 1
- Finalist Were Announced on International Women’s Day, March 8
Finalists were e announced on International Women’s Day (March 8). The theme for International Women’s Day 2019 is gender balance (#balanceforbetter), which is what this year’s FitLo Empower Awards is all about!
- Donation-based workouts were co-hosted with the finalists and their studios March-April. Each finalist selected a charity to benefit 100% of the donations.
- Top Two finalists were selected based on community engagement and participation in the finalists’ donation-based workouts and live interviews.
FAQs & Rules
- One vote per person, per category. We will be tracking as well as counting on the honesty and integrity of the Denver Fitness Community.
- There are two categories:
Category 1 “Trainer/Instructor/ Studio Owner”
Category 2 “Fitness Community Influencer (Not a trainer/Instructor/Studio Owner)”
- You do not have to vote for both categories. You can vote for each category or choose to vote for just one category.
- Your vote will be anonymous. However, we must collect your email and name for tracking purposes. You will have the option to be added to an email list or not be added. We promise to act accordingly and not abuse your email. (pinky swear)
- Nominations were held Feb 1-17. Cast your vote based on the nominees from Feb 22 – March 1. These votes will determine the finalists. We anticipate 4-6 finalists, depending where there is a clear cutoff on votes.
- Finalists will be announced and featured in March. FitLo will feature the finalists and lead a bracket-style voting process that will involve online content and in-person studio workouts throughout the month of March. It’ll all get wrapped up with a final vote between the last two standing finalists in each category for the winner of the 2019 FitLo Empower Awards in early April.
- Winners will be awarded in April.
- More Questions? Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send us a DM on social media (@fitlodenver Instagram & Facebook)