Congratulations to the 2019 FitLo Empower Awards Winner:
What are the FitLo Empower Awards?
This is special community feature designed to acknowledge people in the Denver fitness community who empower and inspire.
2019 Theme: ‘Men Who Empower Women’
Women supporting women is not only important, it’s one of the greatest movements of our time. Also important – the men who support strong, empowered women. This award is not just about men supporting women. This award and community feature is about celebrating gender equality and how we support, inspire and empower each other.
Interview with Chris Lindley:
2019 FitLo Empower Awards Nominees
(PRO TIP: Check out the finalists’ and nominees’ studios. Take their classes. Prepare to be inspired!)
Compass Fitness, Taylor Ames
CorePower Yoga, Bird Yarbrough (Finalist)
CrossFit Eminence, Kris Marcelli
Dynamic Fitness Co. , Jeff Vaden
e3 Fitness, Justin Holle
EDX CrossFit, Angelo Gala
Endorphin, Chris Lindley
F45 Sloans Lake: Chris Pieczonka, Jonnie Ellis F45 + Ryan Moriarty
Fit36 DTC, Travis Duffle
Fitness in the City: Adam Schafer, Rick Siegrist + Stefan Olander
Fitwall Denver, Jake Mendes
FLEX Yoga + Barre, Jim Kelly (Finalist)
FLY Kickbox, Cory Jagger
Flywheel Union Station, Vandon Jones
GenFit, Ryan Trificana
Kindness Yoga, Jerrod Fasler
LFT Live For This: Fitness, Zach (GONZO) Gonazales
Manic Training Highlands Ranch, Scott Jones
Performance Ready Fitness Studio: Karl Lauffer Performance + Mark Ruzycki
Pure Barre Stapleton, Ben DiMarco (Finalist)
The Rebel Workout, Michael Bales
Titanium Fitness Center, Anthony Nakamura
Alex Chapman, Fitness on the Rocks
Bryan Cash, Max Muscle South Metro
Chad Cantu, Chad & Co Salon & Performance Ready Fitness Studio
Derek Espiritu, Arcanum & RX Bar
Eric Hinman, “Retired” & Exploring the World
Jace Buzek, Well Set
James Parisi, Sound Off Colorado
Phillip Galaviz, Sound Off Colorado
Tony Ditirro, Performance Ready Fitness Studio & Pilot
READ MORE IN THE FITLO BLOG FEATURING:
- Each Finalist, their interviews, and their donation-based workouts
How were the Finalists Selected?
- Open Nominations Submitted: Feb 1 -17
- Votes Were Casted: Feb 22- March 1
- Finalist Were Announced on International Women’s Day, March 8
Finalists were e announced on International Women’s Day (March 8). The theme for International Women’s Day 2019 is gender balance (#balanceforbetter), which is what this year’s FitLo Empower Awards is all about!
- Donation-based workouts were co-hosted with the finalists and their studios March-April. Each finalist selected a charity to benefit 100% of the donations.
- Top Two finalists were selected based on community engagement and participation in the finalists’ donation-based workouts and live interviews.
FAQs & Rules
- One vote per person, per category. We will be tracking as well as counting on the honesty and integrity of the Denver Fitness Community.
- There are two categories:
Category 1 “Trainer/Instructor/ Studio Owner”
Category 2 “Fitness Community Influencer (Not a trainer/Instructor/Studio Owner)”
- You do not have to vote for both categories. You can vote for each category or choose to vote for just one category.
- Your vote will be anonymous. However, we must collect your email and name for tracking purposes. You will have the option to be added to an email list or not be added. We promise to act accordingly and not abuse your email. (pinky swear)
- Nominations were held Feb 1-17. Cast your vote based on the nominees from Feb 22 – March 1. These votes will determine the finalists. We anticipate 4-6 finalists, depending where there is a clear cutoff on votes.
- Finalists will be announced and featured in March. FitLo will feature the finalists and lead a bracket-style voting process that will involve online content and in-person studio workouts throughout the month of March. It’ll all get wrapped up with a final vote between the last two standing finalists in each category for the winner of the 2019 FitLo Empower Awards in early April.
- Winners will be awarded in April.
- More Questions? Email (email@example.com) or send us a DM on social media (@fitlodenver Instagram & Facebook)